Child and Adolescent Neuropsychology
- We provide complete evaluations in our Westborough and Pembroke offices, or at on-site locales (e.g., schools). Our evaluation process includes disability diagnoses for ADHD, verbal or nonverbal learning disability, emotional/behavioral issues, autism/Asperger’s disorder, and various neurologic conditions, such as childhood stroke, traumatic brain injury (TBI), "mild" traumatic brain injury (mTBI), post-concussion syndrome, and prolonged post-concussion syndrome.
- We are also able to provide “gifted” evaluations.
- We work closely with parents and school personnel in understanding a student’s needs, and developing a comprehensive treatment program that is well-suited to his/her individual situation. Further, we can provide in-person review of results and recommendations with parents and school personnel alike.
- We work closely with parents and school staff toward understanding your students, and developing recommendations well-suited to their academic and emotional needs.
- Our user-friendly reports for our clients are concise and accurate, and we offer school-wide contracts and rates.
Adult and Geriatric Neuropsychology
- Our comprehensive evaluation process includes adult ADHD, verbal or nonverbal learning disability, emotional or psychiatric concerns (such as anxiety, depression, major mood or psychotic disorders), TBI/mTBI (concussion and post-concussion syndrome), and stroke.
- We specialize in neuropsychological evaluations for the emergence of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), Alzheimer’s disease, or other dementias (i.e., frontotemporal, Primary Progressive Aphasia, Parkinson’s/Huntington’s diseases, Vascular, alcohol-induced).
- We are also well-versed in conducting full independent medical evaluations (IMEs), and we consult in certain forensic contexts (e.g. in competency, litigation-related cases).
- In addition to forensic assessments, we have special interests in capacity evaluations in older adults, speaking to one’s medical and financial decision-making abilities.
Psychotherapy, Counseling, and Neuroscience Consultation
- Our clients are important to us – not only in terms of their physical well-being, but mental health as well. As a result, we offer evaluations and treatments for anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns. In this regard, we specialize in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), guided by careful interview/assessment of a client’s needs. These services are available individually as well as in group settings.
- Further, to help manage symptoms related to cognitive and memory disorders (as in Alzheimer’s disease), we offer cognitive rehabilitation and neuroscience consultation (psychoeducation). These services provide the client with computer-assisted cognitive remediation, and a better overall understanding of their condition based on the latest research in neuroscience and medicine. We also provide psychopharmacology/medication reviews with linkage to experts in neurology and neuropsychiatry, and information related to ongoing clinical research trials.
- Metrowest Neuropsychology strongly supports evidence-based wellness skills for managing stress and cultivating mental health in our clients. In careful collaboration with clients regarding their specific needs and interests, we offer one-on-one health and wellness counseling in the proven techniques of mindfulness-based stress reduction, therapeutic yoga, and cognitive-behavioral meditation. We also host guided group training in mindfulness skills for managing stress and anxiety and regulating mood fluctuation through programs in our offices or at off-site locations, such as businesses, schools, and medical centers. Through our expertly led instruction in meditation, therapeutic yoga, reflective practice, and innovative mind-body engagement, MWN’s health and wellness counseling assists clients with developing a greater capacity for handling personal challenges and experiencing more fulfilling lives.
On Location Services
- In addition to our Westborough and Pembroke offices, we provide clinical services on-site in a variety of settings, including: schools, outpatient clinics, brain injury centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and in certain hospital settings.